(Some of my favorite quotes.)
1. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
2. If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
3. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.
4. Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. (Not in MANY cases though).
5. Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.